One at a time

One at a time

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Farewell to T-bone.

Well, it is official. Harold and I no longer have any cattle on the property. Harold's mom sold the entire herd of Texas Longhorns with the exception of T-bone (who was sold to a neighbor for beef). Well, today was D-day for T-bone who met his fate here at the farm. Jacob and I left since there is no way I can witness something like that. It is very weird not having any cows here to take care of. Chores take about 15 minutes for the horses. Chores before took us over an hour to get done. I do miss the cows but on the other hand, it is a strange relief that they are no longer tying us down.

Miss you, T-bone. You were always my favorite. And your name chose your fate. Sorry!


After the neighbors left Harold and I got to work trying to get the cattle pasture horse friendly. We are retaping/hot wiring the fence since horses are dumb about barb wire plus we have to clean up the ground in the pasture. There are a lot of rocks, logs, and stuff out there. Harold figured it would be easier to get the disc out to work up the ground and then try to dry out and clean up.
On a different note, while I was at agility class on Thursday, I called Harold and he told me that Jacob was humping the turtle. It is actually Jack's turtle but Jacob seems to think it belongs to him. And yes, he humps it.
Just a strange sleep postition for a very tired out boy. He loves being outside but it sure does wear him out.

And then Jacob woke up as I was taking his picture. I wish I woke up this happy!






No comments: