One at a time

One at a time

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Loving Rosalee

I thought I would take the opportunity to share some of my favorite memories my boys and I had with our baby Hippo.  She was a once in a life time dog.  I am not one that gravitates to the bully breeds.  I like my crazy sporting dogs.  But Rosalee spoke to me even before she was adopted out.  In fact, when I did a home visit with her adopters, they were so surprised she let me just walk in the house without a fuss.  She was not friendly to stranger. She was meant to land here.  I will never question my choice to bring her home.  I just wish that I could have given her longer.  But her physical pain only made her behavior worse, of course.  I do not want to dwell on the past.  I just want to remember this sweet soul that loved life even though the world was not kind to her.  



No comments: