One at a time

One at a time

Thursday, November 20, 2008

And then here were 22...

So I have been home with Jacob for the last two weeks since Harold has been working in Door County. That has left me in charge of the cattle, horses, dogs, rabbits and the baby. I have had a few meltdowns.... I will admit it. I have not had an easy couple of weeks.... freezing water troughs, cranky horses, moody cows that rather bunk me than be nice.... well, last weekend Harold and I decided that Jesse, one of the two year old cows was preggo. The bull went over the fence last winter but Harold figured she was too little to stand for him. Nope. Not the case. So I have fretted all week that this calf was going to be born while Harold was gone. The cow was starting to bag earlier this week, and today when I got home from visiting Harold, I knew she was not going to wait for him to get back. S/he was born at 6:58 tonight. Hoping that everything will go okay. It is damn cold out there and she had him out in the pasture. Harold will be home in about 2 hours so hopefully all be okay until then.



Baby Jacob update.... We started him on rice cereal last week. He loves it! Well, he loves to wear it.

No comments: