One at a time

One at a time

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Farm girl, I am not.

What a week, I guess. I can't believe that Jacob is officially 6 months old. We celebrated his 1/2 year birthday by going out for fish with Grandpa Ed and Grandma Helen. We had a great time. Daddy thought Jacob should celebrate with some french fries, but momma was a party pooper and said no.


Well, this past Wednesday was Scrappy and the Old Bag's date with doom as I affectionate termed it. Harold hauled them to Beck's to be butchered. As I was leaving for work, Harold said, "Say goodbye to Scrappy" and I cried. So call me a wuss, a girlie-girl, or whatever, I did not like the idea of him going there. I know it has to be done but it doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. So, anyways, anyone looking for some lean meat, let us know. The butcher seemed to think that both animals looked good, so we may have more than just ground beef that Marjean is looking to sell.We'll miss you Scrappy.


Jacob has been busy this week. Other than just being a 1/2 year old, he has mastered rolling back and forth and can cover quite a distance on the floor this way. He also has gone from sitting like a monkey with his hands in the ground in front of him, to sitting up big and strong. That happened over night, I swear.



Jacob is still a Packer fan, no matter who is playing in the Super Bowl. Please don't pay attention to the very cluttered, messy room. That was completely secondary to trying to get all three to sit for a picture.




Jacob and Greta are still the best of friends.

1 comment:

shannon said...

Yeah Jacob! I am so proud of you for sitting up and rolling over! What a cute boy you are! I hope to see you soon!

Love,
Aunt Shannon