One at a time

One at a time

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Brag Day!!!!!


I had an awesome day. I am not ashamed to say it. And after a couple of not so happy weeks, I felt that today was well deserved. I spent all day yesterday working at the Fond du Lac County Kennel Club's Excellent only agility trial. It was tiring. I have worked plenty of dog shows, but yesterday kicked my ass. Something about having to still go home and take care of a baby added that much more exhaustion to the day. So today was a bit better since we had a bunch of kids that need community service hours work. So I got to watch a lot of excellent handlers run some very impressive dogs. And I also got to see how well all of this summer's lessons paid off. Jack' standard run wasn't beautiful. In fact it was kinda painful for me as the handler, but he still qualified. Even better, he took 2nd. He had a refusal at the tire as he went under the tire instead of thru the tire, then in an attempt to correct, he went thru the tire the wrong way which gave us the wrong course fault, but he did it right the second time around. His weaves were kinda of ugly but the glory of running novice.... they aren't faulted. So he was two seconds over course time due to weaves, but overall he still Q'ed with an 88/100 and good enough for 2nd. But only two dogs in his class qualified. I was jumping for joy!!!!
So after standards came Jumpers. I hate Jumpers. Jack is too fast for me to keep up with him. I am too novice of a handler. Let me tell you how much quicker one can move when she is not 7, 8, 9 months pregnant.... Apparently, handling might be a tad bit easier not being pregnant...Notice that Jack added a BLUE! to his Red ribbon. I was on cloud nine!!!

Here are the rest of Ronda's students from this summer class. Notice how many blues are present? Tells you how good our instructor is! Thank you Ronda! L-R, there is Bev and her Golden, Cami, me and Jack, Ronda, Stephanie and her Sheltie, Piper, and Marianne, and her Golden, Shiloh.

So, hopefully, we are all smiles again tomorrow. Who knows? Those dogs are crazy and one will never know what they will do...... I will let you know....

1 comment:

Deb said...

Congrats Katie and Jack!!