One at a time

One at a time

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Nothing new

It has been pretty quiet out at the Haney Farm. I realized I never did an update on Jacob's 2 month check. He weighed 12lb 8oz, and was 24 1/2 inches long. Everything else seemed good. We finally got an antibiotic ointment for Jacob's plugged tear duct so hopefully his goopy eye will get better soon. We have had a few rough days after grandma's funeral where Jacob was really fussy, but it seems like he is back on track and happy as he normally is. The best news yet??? Jacob has been sleeping through the night for almost 2 weeks now! Now, his momma has to figure out how to do the same. Gosh, habits are hard to break. I have been getting up in the middle of the night for at least the last 6 months or so.
On a different note, for those who care about my ventures with my goofy dogs, Jack is going to be trialing this coming weekend, both Saturday and Sunday, in agility at the Fond du Lac County Kennel Club Clubhouse. This is his 2nd agility trial. His first one was a learning experience. In April I thought it was a good idea to see what Jack remembered from agility classes the September before. I was (but not admitting) a nervous wreck, and all Jack wanted to do was sniff the gound and chase leaves. It is pretty hard to weave with your nose to the ground. Anyways, I am hoping for a better go around this time, since Jack and I suffered through a hot summer and a very uncoordinated pregnancy to keep taking lessons from Ronda. Let's hope he can prove that he learned a lot. And hopefully his handler can get get a grip on her nerves and not trip over her own feet.
Also, another happy note for me, I got on my horse last weekend. I worked Cappy for a short while and then while Harold had him on a lead rope, I got on him. It is the first time I have been on my own horse. I bought him last September as an unbroke 4 year old and then 2 months later I was pregnant. So, now a year later, I have finally been on my horse! How awesome is that? He was a good boy. And I really should take a few riding lessons to get a good, proper riding form again.
Anyway, here are some random pictures of Jacob. Greta is still infatuated with Jacob and rather protective when need be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie - You'd think that Greta gave birth to that boy!

Good Luck to you and Jack this weekend. And sometime I need to come out and meet Cappy.

Ann