One at a time

One at a time

Monday, October 13, 2008

Good, but tiring weekend

Jack finished out his weekend very well. He placed 2nd in Novice Standand with a clean run and 3rd in Jumpers. His standard run was better than Saturday's, and he saved my ass a few times in Jumpers ending up with a refusal when I couldn't figure out which way I was going. So, all in all, I am just thrilled with how well Jack did. Couldn't ask for anything better. So he has 2 legs in each class. Only one more to go! No pictures from Sunday though, since I think everyone that trialed was exhausted by the end of the day.

I started my morning very early so I could get my homework done before going to the trial. The Sunrise was just beautiful so I thought I would go out and take a picture of it, but Harold's camera is for someone much more digitally intellgent than I am. But the horses wanted to know what I was doing outside so early. So they took a break from their all you can eat buffet to visit me.

Cappy
Goliath and Cappy, wearing some of their hay
Shithead. He doesn't look good. We just can't get any weight on him, which makes me very nervous with winter coming.
After the trial, I went to mom and dad's for dinner with Grandma and Aunt Ann and Uncle Cort. Olivia, Luke and Brady were there also. We decided to do a four generation picture. Looking my best after a long, hot day out in the sun...
And here are the trial photographer's pictures from Saturday's Standard run. They are not great but it was Jack's first qualifying run so I had to get them. Look at those crazy eyes!

No comments: